(The following information applies only if you have the two-factor authentication package activated on your account.) The first time that you log in to your account, after having entered your username and password, you will get a message asking you to select a method to set up for the two-factor authentication.
The following instructions are for “App authentication on an Android phone”. (If you have an iPhone, THESE are the instructions to follow. If you wish to receive the authentication code to your e-mail instead, please click HERE to read more.)
We recommend you to use the app “Google Authenticator”
- Open “Play Store”.
- Search for « Google Authenticator ».
- Select « Install ».
- Confirm that you allow the app to have access to the camera (needed in order to scan a code).
- Open the app.
- A text will appear. Click on “Get started”.
- A new text will appear asking you to add a new account to your 2FA app. Select the option “Scan a QR code” or “Enter a setup key”
- If you choose to scan a QR code, scan the code that you see on your computer screen (after having entered your username + password and clicked “log in”), using your smartphone. Then, select “Add account”
- If you choose to enter the key manually, you will have to give the account a name (in the app) and then enter the key that you see on the computer screen (after having entered your username + password and clicked “log in”). Then, select “Add account”.
Please note that a new code is generated every 30 seconds. Each time you are asked to enter a two-factor authentication code, please open the app on the smartphone to access it.