(The following information applies only if you have the two-factor authentication package activated on your account.) The first time that you log in to your account, after having entered your username and password, you will get a message asking you to select a method to set up for the two-factor authentication.
The following instructions are for “App authentication on an iPhone (iOS)”. (If you have an Android phone THESE are the instructions to follow. If you wish to receive the authentication code to your e-mail instead, please click HERE to read more.)
We recommend you to use the app “Google Authenticator”
- In your smartphone, open "App Store".
- Search for "Google Authenticator”.
- Select "Download".
- Open the app.
- A text will appear. Click on “Begin setup”.
- You will be asked to select between a) “Scan barcode” ou b) “Manual entry”.
- If you select “Scan barcode”, scan the code that appears on your computer screen (after having entered your username + password and clicked “log in”) with the smartphone camera. The app needs access to the camera to be able to do so.
- If you select “Manual entry” you need to give the account a name. We recommend you to give the same name as to the diasend® account. In the app, enter the secret code that is presented to you at the computer screen, next to the barcode (after having entered your username + password and clicked “log in”). Then click on the check mark in the top right corner in order to save it.
- Enter the code provided to you by the app in the corresponding field on the computer screen.
Please note that a new code is generated every 30 seconds. Each time you are asked to enter a two-factor authentication code, please open the app on the smartphone to access it.